Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday Musings




(Don't be frightened, folks ...just one of my little paintings, entitled "Splash!" ... now in a private collection; thought a picture of it would be suitable for celebrating the Fourth, which, I understand, continues today.)


YOU REMEMBER LOREE (Kansas)? ... a regular contributor to “Squiggles” over the past several years. When we last heard from her, she was in the midst of selling the farm, which had been her home for many years, and moving into town.


And now she’s settling in.


In a recent e-mail, she says, in part: “I’ve gotten settled in enough so that I can actually sit down (briefly) in a lawn chair, survey my domain, and rest a bit now and then. I’ve not had time to even THINK about what I left behind, and that is a good thing, I’m sure.”


We all ... any of us who have ever gone through a move ... know that feeling ... all the obstacles to really settling in.


Loree continues:


“I feel that when we pulled out with the last load it was like closing the final page on a familiar and beloved book. But, like any book, everything has an end eventually, though I was beginning to wonder about the nightmare of moving!”


She concludes: “Happy Fourth to all!” And a Happy Fourth to you, too, Loree. 




-S&G-


Hey, thanks for stopping by ... take care ... see ya.  




No comments: